This incredible introductory course will have you walking out the door...er uh...exiting the Zoom room...with everything you need to get started in the entertainment industry—and at a fraction of the cost. This course includes professional headshots, 3 differerent looks for your modeling portfolio, a personal pose workshop, a resume writing session, and a masterclass on breaking into the industry.
Your journey begins with an ONLINE master class that covers:
How to get involved in modeling
What an agent does and how and when to get one
What should be in your portfolio
How to submit for modeling jobs
What to expect when you are on set
Contact information for casting and talent agencies
A Q&A session with a Model Agent
You will also:
-schedule your resume writing appointment--(this will be done online over Zoom). You will work with one of Katharsis Media’s casting staff members to create a resume of your related world and experience. If you don’t have much experience—don’t worry. A resume also includes any training (like this class!!) as well as your sizes and contact information. This document will be created in google docs and sent to you digitally so you can update it as you gain more experience.
-schedule your portfolio appointment--this will be a in-person appointment with yourself, a model coach, and a professional photographer, who will help you capture your professional headshots and three looks to build your portfolio. COVID safe practices will be in place to ensure the safety of yourself and our staff.
We cannot wait to meet you and help you start towards your dream! Remember--Dreams take work! So let's get started!! This is the class to take and by the end of class, you will have the tools needed to pursue your goal of being a professional model.
NOTE: All in-person portions of this course are individual appointments with a photographer or cinematographer and will NOT include other students. COVID safe practices will be followed and masks requred (except when on camera).
ALSO NOTE: You will select your session 1 class date and during that class, you will schedule your other sessions.
What are you waiting for? Dreams take work--let's get started!!
Industry Basics for Models
To ensure the safety of all students and staff:
- group classes will meet remotely over ZOOM
For in-person photography appointments:
- temperatures and COVID questionnaire taken prior to entry
- masks are required by all staff and students except when on camera
- social distancing is required
- props, doorknobs, furniture, and frequently touched items sanitized before and after each session and in between takes as needed
- please stay home if you are sick--you may join via Zoom from home if needed
- appointments are restricted to the student (and a legal guardian if the student is a minor), the photographer, and the model coach. Please do not bring additional people to your session.
- NOTE: in-person photography and coaching sessions will be schedule for AFTER the statewide lockdown.